Manufacturing Associate - All Shifts - Starting rates at $21/h+
Posted on: January 15, 2022
ABOUT US:At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health
care through fast, accurate diagnostic testing. Our mission drives
us, every moment of every day, as we develop scalable,
groundbreaking solutions to solve the worlds most complex health
challenges. Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular
diagnostics, from ideation to development and delivery of testing
advancements that improve patient outcomes across a range of
settings. As a member of our team, you can make an immediate,
measurable impact on a global scale, within an environment that
fosters career growth and development.Cepheid is proud to work
alongside a community of six fellow Danaher Diagnostics companies.
Together, were working at the pace of change on diagnostic tools
that address the worlds biggest health challenges, driven by
knowing that behind every test there is a patient waiting.Learn
about the Danaher Business System which makes everything
possible.This position is part of Cepheid Diagnostics and will be
located in Newark, CA.ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and adhere to safety policies and practices
- Follow documentation procedure (filling out Data History
Records (DHRs), reading and understanding instructions from Work
Release (WR), Planned Deviation Report (PDR) or Non-Conformance
Report (NCR). Read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
and Manufacturing Work Instructions.
- Maintain dry room and cleanroom standards, practices, and
housekeeping according to standard operating procedures.
- Set up and operate manufacturing equipment. Monitor machines
and inform Supervisor and/or Lead of problems. Clean and maintain
equipment and work area as needed.
- Assist Senior Operators
- Use tools such as microscopes, tweezers, and other hand-held
- Perform in-process inspection of components and assemblies to
verify quality conformance.
- Recognize any minor issues from the equipment and any
affiliated documentations and take appropriate corrective action
within scope. Notify Supervisors and Leads of issues and
- Report causes of process and/or documentation and assist or
- Apply company policies and procedures to complete
- Conduct Shift PASSDOWN with peers
- Start and end batch runs. follow production schedules
- Follow acceptance criteria for equipment yield and
- Email the Manufacturing Engineering group explaining any
- Perform label printing responsibilities
- Review DHRs
- Prepare and verify materials to be used as issued to work
- Manufacturing or Production related experience.
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. Must be able to stand for several
hours. Work may involve repetitive arm/wrist motions.
- Ability to work directly with, handle or come into contact with
chemicals or reagents.
- Preferably experience in clean room assembly or Manufacturing
in the medical device, pharmaceutical or biotech industry, OR
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in FDA or Kema audits.
- Ability to read drawings.
- Understands Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good
Documentation Practice (GDP).
- Must be a team player and able to demonstrate willingness and
ability to provide assistance to co-workers.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with peers,
supervisors, manufacturing engineers, stockroom managers and leads.
Able to understand instructions and batch records written and
spoken in English.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Ability to solve basic math problems.
- Able to identify each station of the machinery.Cepheid, a
Danaher company, offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive
benefit programs that add value to our lives. Whether its a health
care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life
beyond the job. Check out our benefits at danaherbenefitsinfo.com.
When you join us, youll also be joining Danahers global
organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to
help our customers win. As an associate, youll try new things, work
hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders,
all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and
the stability of a tested organization.Danaher Corporation and all
Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of
race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status,
disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the
existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not,
found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we
serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique
and different perspectives as a result of these diverse
attributes.The EEO posters are available here.We will ensure that
individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation
to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us at
email@example.com to request accommodation.If youve ever
wondered whats within you, theres no better time to find out.
Keywords: Cepheid, Newark , Manufacturing Associate - All Shifts - Starting rates at $21/h+, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!