Sr. Data Scientist, Manufacturing
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobilityAt Lucid, we
set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles
that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived
limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that
are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
-We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to
the fundamentals of great design - where every decision we make is
in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are
no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own
experience. -Come work alongside some of the most accomplished
minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're
providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate
and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.The Data
Science and Machine Learning team at Lucid is on the mission to
design, develop, and deploy AI solutions to help make safe and
sustainable products and services on par with Lucid's Luxury brand.
Data generated by electric vehicles is rich and diverse and driving
insight from them is a very exciting and challenging task. The Data
Scientist at Lucid is setting data science foundation for our
fast-growing data team, to enable the company tackle engineering
and manufacturing challenges by designing analytics and AI
solutions. This opportunity involves defining the path to discover
trends, patterns and hidden insights from these data while
collaborating with the most brilliant talents in the automotive
industry. - -Role
- Work on state-of-the-art large-scale data analytics and machine
- Drive predictive analytics from billions of time series data
- Help define the analytical direction and influence the
direction of the Engineering teams.
- Use mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using data.
Translate analysis results into business recommendations.
- Partner with Manufacturing teams on projects to identify and
articulate opportunities, see beyond the data to identify solutions
that will raise the bar for decision making.
- Extract actionable insights from broad, open-ended
- Adapt machine learning and data mining algorithms to solve
problems across several battery teams
- Use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see
beyond the numbers and understand what can improve our
- Engage broadly with the organization to identify, prioritize,
frame, and structure complex and ambiguous manufacturing related
challenges, where advanced analytics projects or tools can have the
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Mechanical engineering,
Statistics or related STEM field.
- 3+ years of Data or Machine learning Science experience working
on highly complex problems in a dynamic setting
- Strong programming skills, especially in Python, Scala or C/C++
with 3+ years of relevant experience in a programming intensive
- Technical expertise and in-depth knowledge in one or more of
the following Data Science topics: Anomaly detection and signal
processing, time-series data analysis and modeling, Conventional
Machine Learning methods, Deep learning and CNNs, Natural Language
Processing (NLP), text mining, sentiment analysis, information
- Proficiency with a deep learning framework such as TensorFlow,
Keras, Pytorch, Caffe, MXNet, etc.
- Relevant work experience, including experience applying
advanced analytics, and data mining techniques.
- Experience with distributed computing platforms, particularly
Kubernetes or the Hadoop/Spark ecosystem
- Experience with rules engine applications using distributed
computing MapReduce, Spark, etc.
- Experience with data presentation and visualization with tools
such as Tableau, Grafana and other similar tools.
- Proven track record of developing and deploying algorithms for
a production-ready recommendation, data mining or prediction
systems using languages and big data platforms such as Scala,
Python, Java, Spark, Presto, and Hive
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.Nice to Haves
- Relevant experience in Manufacturing, EV, or Automotive is a
- Experience with telematics data analytics and decision modeling
is a plusAt Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate
it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We
are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital
status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable
State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of
gainful employment within the United StatesAt Lucid, we prioritize
the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends
above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the
increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new Lucid
employees, whose job will be based in the United States, must
provide original documentation confirming status as having received
the prescribed inoculation (doses) based on the manufacturer's
guidelines on their first day of employment. -Individuals seeking a
medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement may be
granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to
and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated
Covid-19 Response team. -To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors
does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to
our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is
not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. -
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Sr. Data Scientist, Manufacturing, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!