Technical Specialist, Advanced Motor Technology
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobilityAt Lucid, we
set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles
that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived
limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that
are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of
mobility.We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design - where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.Come work alongside some of the most
accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive
salaries, we're providing a community for innovators who want to
make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to
create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right
place for you.
We are currently seeking a Technical Specialist in our Advanced
Motor Technology group. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do
attitude and approaches their work with vigor and determination.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their
respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to
strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Lead or support development of electromagnetic design of
electric traction motors. Derive key specifications of
electromagnetic performance, efficiency, and other attributes.
- Research and develop new innovative motor design concepts for
future products. Identify and drive opportunities to apply new
technologies and improve product attributes.
- Analyze 2D/3D electromagnetic motor phenomena using ANSYS tools
and in-house developed tools.
- Develop optimization strategies suitable for electromagnetic
design analysis to ensure the optimal delivery of the required
- Help with motor R&D projects involving multiphysics
analysis of the mechanical structure and thermal performance of
- Work efficiently within a multidisciplinary cooperative and
innovative environment, including directly cooperating with control
software, physical test and power electronics teams
- Coordinate and support dynamometer tests and validation
activity of motors
- Improve and refine motor models
- Provide competitive analysis of traction motor designs
- Deep understanding of the physics and fundamental of electric
- A proven track record of technical excellence in
- A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products
as an integral part of a very capable team.
- A flair for creative engineering and problem solving.
- A capability to define appropriate targets, using a range of
- Experience of resolving issues through appropriate analysis and
- A good understanding of the range of computational tools
- Strong experience in scripting simulation workflows with
varying availability of documentation.
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an
integral part of a very capable team.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with electromagnetic design,
controls, testing, product development of electric motors in
automotive, aviation, aerospace, or similar industry
- Additional fields of experience (electromagnetics, structural
statics/dynamics, material science).
- Experience of electric vehicle motor design.
- Experience of thermal and mechanical analysis.
- Experience with motor control and power electronics.
- Experience of optimization methods and software.
- Experience of the use of the ANSYS tool suite.
- Experience of CAD (and preferably CATIA).
- Experience with MATLAB and Python.
- Some knowledge of scripting for simulation process
- BS (and preferably MS or PhD) in an electrical engineering
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid
Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital
status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable
State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of
gainful employment within the United StatesAt Lucid, we prioritize
the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends
above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the
increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new Lucid
employees, whose job will be based in the United States, must
provide original documentation confirming status as having received
the prescribed inoculation (doses) based on the manufacturer's
guidelines on their first day of employment.Individuals seeking a
medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement may be
granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to
and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated
Covid-19 Response team.To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors
does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to
our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is
not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Technical Specialist, Advanced Motor Technology, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!