Principal Data Scientist
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: August 2, 2022
At Lucid, we don t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital
status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable
State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols At Lucid, we prioritize the
health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above
all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid
employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may
not be required to provide original documentation confirming status
as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination
requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer
to the job description for more details. Individuals in positions
requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious
exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an
accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the
subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19
Response team. To all recruitment agencies : Lucid Motors does not
accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers
alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility At Lucid, we set
out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles
that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived
limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that
are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to
the fundamentals of great design - where every decision we make is
in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are
no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own
experience. Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds
in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we re
providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate
and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The Data Science and Machine Learning team at Lucid is on the
mission to design, develop, and deploy AI solutions to help make
safe and sustainable products and services on par with Lucid s
Luxury brand. Data generated by electric vehicles is rich and
diverse and driving insight from them is a very exciting and
challenging task. The Data Scientist at Lucid is setting data
science foundation for our fast-growing data team, to enable the
company tackle engineering and business challenges by designing
analytics and AI solutions. This opportunity involves defining the
path to discover trends, patterns and hidden insights from data
while collaborating with the most brilliant talents in the
automotive industry to build AI products.
- Work on state-of-the-art large-scale data science and machine
- Design and architecture key AI products in automotive domain
and lead the product implementation
- Help define the analytical direction and influence the
direction of the Engineering teams.
- Use mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using data.
Translate analysis results into business recommendations.
- Partner with Engineering teams on projects to identify and
articulate opportunities, see beyond the data to identify solutions
that will raise the bar for decision making.
- Extract actionable insights from broad, open-ended
- Adapt machine learning and data mining algorithms to solve
problems across several engineering teams
- Use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see
beyond the numbers and understand what can improve our
- Engage broadly with the organization to identify, prioritize,
frame, and structure complex and ambiguous engineering challenges,
where advanced analytics, AI and machine learning can have the
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Mechanical engineering,
Statistics or related STEM field.
- 5+ years of Data or Machine learning Science experience working
on highly complex problems in a dynamic setting
- Strong programming skills, especially in Python, or C/C++ with
5+ years of relevant experience in a programming intensive
- Technical expertise and in-depth knowledge in one or more of
the following ML topics: Anomaly detection and signal processing,
time-series data analysis and modeling, Conventional Machine
Learning methods, Computer Vision, Deep learning, CNNs, Natural
Language Processing (NLP), text mining, sentiment analysis,
information retrieval, etc.
- Proficiency with a deep learning framework such as TensorFlow,
Keras, Pytorch, Caffe, MXNet, etc.
- Relevant work experience, including experience applying
advanced analytics, and data mining techniques.
- Experience with distributed computing platforms, particularly
Kubernetes or the Hadoop/Spark ecosystem
- Experience with rules engine applications using distributed
computing MapReduce, Spark, etc.
- Experience with data presentation and visualization with tools
such as Tableau, Grafana and other similar tools.
- Proven track record of developing and deploying algorithms for
a production-ready recommendation, data mining or prediction
systems using languages and big data platforms such as Scala,
Python, Java, Spark, Presto, and Hive
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Nice to Haves
- Relevant experience in EV or Automotive and autonomous driving
is a huge plus
- Experience with telematics data analytics and decision modeling
is a plus
- Hands-on experience with cloud computing and HPC or other cloud
and distributed platforms e.g. Spark, Airflow, Kubernetes,
Kubeflow, MLFlow, etc. is a plus.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Principal Data Scientist, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!