Sr. Data Scientist, Cybersecurity
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: August 3, 2022
At Lucid, we don t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are
committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race,
color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital
status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable
State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols At Lucid, we prioritize the
health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above
all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid
employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may
not be required to provide original documentation confirming status
as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination
requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer
to the job description for more details. Individuals in positions
requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious
exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an
accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the
subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19
Response team. To all recruitment agencies : Lucid Motors does not
accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers
alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility At Lucid, we set
out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles
that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived
limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that
are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to
the fundamentals of great design - where every decision we make is
in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are
no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own
experience. Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds
in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we re
providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate
and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The Data Science and Machine Learning team at Lucid is on the
mission to design, develop, and deploy AI solutions to help make
safe and sustainable products and services on par with Lucid s
Luxury brand. Data generated by electric vehicles is rich and
diverse and driving insight from them is a very exciting and
challenging task. The Data Scientist at Lucid is setting data
science foundation for our fast-growing data team, to enable the
company tackle engineering and security challenges by designing
analytics and AI solutions. This opportunity involves defining the
path to discover trends, patterns and hidden cyber-attacks from
system and sub-system level communication and protocols as well as
telemetry data while collaborating with the most brilliant talents
in the automotive industry.
- Work on the state-of-the-art large-scale data analytics and
machine learning projects
- Drive predictive analytics from billions of time series data
- Help define the analytical direction and influence the
direction of the Engineering teams.
- Use mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using data.
Translate analysis results into business recommendations.
- Partner with Cybersecurity teams on projects to identify and
articulate opportunities, see beyond the data to identify solutions
that will raise the bar for decision making.
- Extract actionable insights from broad, open-ended
- Adapt machine learning and data mining algorithms to solve
problems across several security teams
- Use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see
beyond the numbers and understand what can improve our
- Engage broadly with the organization to identify, prioritize,
frame, and structure complex and ambiguous manufacturing related
challenges, where advanced analytics projects or tools can have the
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Mechanical engineering,
Statistics or related STEM field.
- 3+ years of Data or Machine learning Science experience working
on highly complex problems in a dynamic setting
- Strong programming skills, especially in Python, Scala or C/C++
with 3+ years of relevant experience in a programming intensive
- Experience with security information and event management
(SIEM) systems and concepts like denial-of-service (DoS) or
distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.
- Technical expertise and in-depth knowledge in one or more of
the following Data Science topics: Anomaly detection and signal
processing, time-series data analysis and modeling, Conventional
Machine Learning methods, Deep learning and CNNs, text mining,
sentiment analysis, information retrieval, etc.
- Proficiency with a deep learning framework such as TensorFlow,
Keras, Pytorch, Caffe, MXNet, etc.
- Proven track record of developing and deploying algorithms for
a production-ready anomaly detection, or prediction systems using
languages and big data platforms such as Python, C/C++, or
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Nice to Haves
- Relevant experience in Cybersecurity, EV, or Automotive is a
- Experience with embedded devices is a plus
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Sr. Data Scientist, Cybersecurity, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!