Flexo Press Operator
Posted on: August 6, 2022
At Resource Label Group, we are a full-service manufacturer of
custom label design and printing for a wide range of industries.
With full-scale capabilities coast-to-coast and 22 locations across
North America, we are dedicated to delivering cutting-edge label
printing with a national reach and local touch. As Resource Label
Group continues to grow, we are always looking for talented
individuals to join our team! Every person in our company
contributes to our success. We offer an employee centric,
collaborative culture that is technology driven and focused on
delivering valuable, creative solutions. Our core values embody the
way we interact with each other just as it influences the way we
interact with clients. The Flexo Press Operator is responsible for
setting up and operating the printing press to produce labels and
related products. This position offers onsite training and the
opportunity to learn a valuable skilled trade in the printing
industry. Employees will have unlimited growth potential and the
chance to continuously advance your career.
- Reads job order and loads dies into press, installs print
cylinder on shaft and installs print cylinder in press.
- Fills ink pans, screens and pumps with prescribed inks.
- Starts press, adjusting speed and alignment of stock to the
print cylinder as necessary.
- Engages print cylinders; adjusts printing impression as
necessary, places print cylinders lead-to-lead and runs down
- Cuts sample of approval strip from printed roll, inspects for
imperfections such as print to print out of register, print to die
out of register, missing impression, ink starvation or color
adjustments, making adjustments as necessary.
- Cleans plates, print cylinders and dies as needed, performs
daily, weekly and monthly maintenance as required.
- Mixes inks to produce and maintain desired colors and
- Keeps work areas clear and organized; maintains housekeeping
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one
to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience
- A minimum of one year of flexographic printing press experience
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Must be able to read and interpret ruler, scales and other
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand and frequently is required to walk
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
with or without mechanical assistance
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Why work with us? Take a look at all we have to offer!
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability Insurance and Life
- Additional Benefits - Long-Term Disability, Supplemental Life,
Accident and Critical Illness Coverage Plans
- Excellent 401(k) retirement plan with generous company
- We pride ourselves in investing in our employees by offering
onsite training and the ability to have unlimited growth potential
within our organization
- We believe in rewarding our employees with performance-based
salary increases Check out this video to learn more about us!
Keywords: Cellotape, Newark , Flexo Press Operator, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!