Cycle Counter- Sysco
Posted on: September 24, 2022
US0050 Sysco San Francisco, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
Onsite Job Hiring Event!!
Date : Wednesday ,September 21, 2022
Sysco San Francisco 5900 Stewart Ave, Fremont, CA 94538
Time : 12:30PM- 5:00PM
This is a finance position responsible for performing cycle counts,
compiling and maintaining records of quantity, type, and value of
material, equipment, merchandise, and/or supplies stocked in the
establishment and/or items to be returned. Researches root causes
for count discrepancies. Performs quality checks and supports the
product recall process. Also serves as Will-call Clerk on scheduled
- Ensure the integrity of the physical count of the in-house
inventory via cycle counting and other duties assigned.
- Cycle counts the warehouse a minimum of four times a year,
including all pick and reserve slots for discrepancies and
product/packaging integrity issues.
- Performs quality checks around date sensitive, slow-moving and
obsolete items via interaction with Merchandising. Performs recoup
- Research causes of weight variances, receiving/put away/letdown
issues, and damaged product in the slots from warehouse moves.
- Proactively checks First-in First-out (FIFO) items for proper
- Confirm reserves are properly recorded and verify the count of
each reserve pallet.
- Verify the put-away and transfer process performed by the day
and night personnel.
- Initiate and document product transfer from the cooler to the
- Review standard management reports and research causes of
- Coordinate will call orders when scheduled.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- 1-year experience preferred.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective
two- way communication.
- Can add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates. Associated topics: associate, ayudante
de almacen y reparto, dock c, logistics, logistics intern,
palletizer, stocker, warehouse, warehouse intern, warehouse
Keywords: SYSCO, Newark , Cycle Counter- Sysco, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!