Sr. Refrigeration Engineer, HVAC and Thermal
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobilityAt Lucid, we
set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles
that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived
limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that
are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
-We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to
the fundamentals of great design - where every decision we make is
in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are
no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own
experience. -Come work alongside some of the most accomplished
minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're
providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate
and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Refrigeration Thermal Systems Testing
and Development Engineer to join HVAC and Thermal System team.
Prior refrigeration experience is required and seniority level will
be determined on an individual basis. Our ideal candidate exhibits
a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and
determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate
excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to
learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced
- Lead development of Refrigeration and Cooling Systems to meet
thermal system and vehicle requirements while optimizing for
efficiency, cost, weight, manufacturability, and
- Create test plans, execute tests, and document results and
- Support thermal system development through the vehicle
- Work with control systems engineers to optimize the operation
of thermal systems for performance, efficiency, and NVH.
- Work with design engineers to address field issues and improve
the functionality of thermal systems.
- Ensure vehicles conform to all applicable motor vehicle safety
standards governing system operation.
- Support various efforts to improve performance or address
issues before and after the launch of the vehicle.
- 5+ years of practical experience with refrigeration cycles and
refrigeration components - less experienced candidates will be
considered provided the majority of advantageous requirements are
met. Seniority level will be determined on an individual
- Prior experience in development and launch of thermal systems
for a complex electro-mechanical system is expected, preferably
from automotive or aerospace application.
- Proven track record of test method development, testing and
- Practical knowledge of refrigeration and thermal controls.
- Experience with data acquisition systems and testing.
- Experience with test fixture design and part prototyping.
- Demonstrable motivation and ability to solve novel, difficult
design problems with tight timing constraints.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic work
- Strong communication skills to engage in deep technical
discussions with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with automotive refrigerant systems and its
- Experience with heat pumps
- Experience with electric compressors and electric vehicles
- Experience with automotive communication protocols (LIN,
- Experience in thermal management, heat transfer, and fluid
- Experience working with automotive OEM's and HVAC and
Powertrain Cooling hardware suppliers
- Experience with automotive Thermal Systems parts includinginlet
plenums,filters, fans and blowers, HVAC modules, cabin ducting,
heat exchangers, and fluid transfer components
- Knowledge of industrial cooling and heating requirements and
- Proficiency in CATIA or other CAD packages -
- BS in ME/EE disciplineAt Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity
- we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity
workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age,
religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity
and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic
protected under applicable State or Federal laws and
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols At Lucid, we prioritize the
health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above
all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid
employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may
not be required to provide original documentation confirming status
as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination
requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer
to the job description for more details. -Individuals in positions
requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious
exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an
accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the
subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19
Response team. -To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not
accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers
alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not
responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. -
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Sr. Refrigeration Engineer, HVAC and Thermal, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!