Posted on: November 20, 2022
This role is based in Newark, California, (hybrid) and will
report to the Software Content Experience Manager. The Software
Content Experience team is part of RMS' broader Customer Success
organization. This team provides clients with content to get
started, learn how-to, and become an expert with RMS software
applications. Content is available on the RMS self-service web
portal as well as Help Centers within our applications. We work
closely with our colleagues in Customer Success as well as with
developers and product managers. We are a dedicated and fun group
of individuals who work smart so we can enjoy a good work-life
balance. If you have strong writing and language skills and want to
discover how you can apply those skills in tech, then this role is
for you.The Person:
- You have exceptional oral and written English language skills,
including grammar expertise, as well as experience using and
applying style rules to written content.
- You have strong inter-personal skills so that you can
collaborate with other writers, developers, QE engineers, product
managers, and customer success managers to develop technical
documentation to improve existing content and deliver content for
- You have good time management skills and the ability to juggle
multiple projects with limited supervision.
- You can translate complex topics into well-written content
understood by a broad audience (technical and non-technical).
- You have the editorial acumen to ensure a consistent voice
across deliverables and a keen eye for detail.
- You are proficient in MS Office tools such as Word, Excel, and
Power Point.The Position:
- Copyedit technical software documentation of all types
including, but not limited to online help centers, user guides,
what's new content, and known issues.
- Create and update content in MadCap Flare and Microsoft Word,
using OneDrive and GitHub to collaborate on shared files.
- Draft microcopy and messages that explain the user interface in
plain, actionable, and consistent language.
- Maintain Style Guide and ensure that all content meets Style
- Publish pdf and html content to customer-facing web
- Create and publish product-specific known issues to notify RMS
customers about issues with a release.
- Create and publish customer-facing emails about product
releases using Marketo.
- Migrate legacy content from Microsoft Word to MadCap Flare, our
XML authoring environment.
- Use Jira to help organize team projects.
- Use WalkMe to create in-app walk-throughs that support product
- 0-2 years of experience in professional writing for software
development, web application development, professional/business
- Bachelor's degree in English, Technical Communication, or
equivalent experience / education
ABOUT RMS:Risk Management Solutions, Inc. (RMS) models and
solutions help insurers, financial markets, corporations, and
public agencies evaluate and manage global risk throughout the
world. RMS has some 1,300 employees across 13 offices in the US,
London, Bermuda, Zurich, India, China, Japan, Singapore, and
Australia, with products and models covering six continents.We lead
an industry that we helped to pioneer-catastrophe risk modeling -
and continue to innovate. In May 2019, we announced the launch of
RMS Risk Intelligence--- (RI), an open, flexible and future-proof
platform for strategic risk management. Through this purpose-built
platform, clients can tap into RMS HD models, rich data layers,
intuitive applications and APIs that simply integrate into existing
enterprise systems to support business decisions across
underwriting, risk selection, mitigation and portfolio
management.Insurers, reinsurers, trading companies, and other
financial institutions trust RMS solutions to better understand and
manage the risks of natural and human-made catastrophes, including
hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, terrorism, and pandemics.Visit
RMS.com to learn more and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter. RMS is
proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed,
gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner
status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental
disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any
other classification protected by applicable local, state, or
federal law.RMS is a Moody's company, and as such you must be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose)
and, if hired, present proof of vaccination on start date, as
determined by Moody's.Moody's also provides reasonable
accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities or based
on a sincerely held religious belief, in accordance with applicable
laws. If you need to inquire about an accommodation, or need
assistance with completing the application process, please email
email@example.com. To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not
accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for
the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes
submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.
Keywords: RMS, Newark , Technical Writer, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!