Slotting Coordinator - Now Hiring- Sysco
Posted on: November 23, 2022
US0050 Sysco San Francisco, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
This is an Operations position responsible for maintaining and
coordinating all slotting processes in a cost-efficient manner.
Must maintain a balance between the Sysco Redistribution Center,
merchandising and the selection pick path.
- Determine warehouse placement of all incoming merchandise and
ensures that merchandise is slotted within before receipt.
- Decide placement of new item merchandising and reports slot to
appropriate staff to efficiently store merchandise for future
- Prepare a slot change memo identifying the rearrangement of
- Move product, as needed, to make room for new products to
efficiently utilize warehouse space and track product movement
through the warehouse.
- Enter slot changes into the inventory tracking system to ensure
that all product locations can be identified.
- Rearrange merchandise in the warehouse to maximize total cubic
feet usage of available warehouse space.
- Identify "like items" that are slotted in such a way that the
products may not be confused and mispicked;
- Separate items, as needed, to reduce the possibility of mispick
and misdelivery of products to customers.
- Check slots of discontinued items to determine if the product
- Approve the deletion of the item code numbers if the product is
removed to ensure that no product is wasted due to deletion from
the inventory tracking system.
- Update, through data entry, slot changes, alterations,
expansions, etc., to ensure that the system correctly identifies
product location at all times.
- Plan and prepare a draft of warehouse racking expansion, as
request, to ensure the fullest utilization of warehouse space.
- Establish additional racking components needs.
- Conform to appropriate equipment (i.e. tugs, forklifts, pallet
jacks) operation rules and practices to reduce accidents and
- Ensure that assigned equipment is maintained and clean, and
report repair or service needs to the equipment mechanic to reduce
- Observe all safety rules, regulations, and sanitation policies
to reduce accidents, injuries, and equipment damage.
- Use equipment horns when driving out of storage areas into
unobstructed view areas, and when entering walkways or row
intersections to reduce accidents, injuries and equipment
- Plug batteries into the power outlet when not in use to ensure
the availability of fully operational equipment.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or
- 3+ years' experience in the Warehouse/Distribution Services
- 18+ years of age
- Submit to pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively, as it relates
to the job and the safety regulations
- Working knowledge of the following: inventory control
techniques and procedures, product lines and their dimensions,
products sold by Sysco, Sysco safety and security policies,
equipment associated with warehouse activities and the operation of
- Good working knowledge of the following systems and
technologies: Sysco Warehouse Management System (SWMS), Sysco
Uniform System (SUS), Radio Frequency (RF) Admin (both Spec 1 and
Spec 24), SOS, LAS, Driver Tech, RoadNet or equivalent.
- Personal computer skills, inclusive of Microsoft Word and
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Lift 50 pounds regularly and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: SYSCO, Newark , Slotting Coordinator - Now Hiring- Sysco, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!