Senior Systems Engineer, Vehicle Level Systems
Company: Russell Tobin & Associates
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer, Vehicle Level SystemsJob
Type: 6+ months contractLocation: San Diego, CAPay rate range: $77
- $82 per hour on w2Job Description:Role:
- Work with Feature Owners to review, amend and approve feature
use cases and user experience designs.
- Create logical system architectures to identify and specify all
functions and behaviors required to deliver the specified
- Define requirements for all logical functions, including
modelling and simulating system logic where relevant.
- Work with Sub-system Owners and other appropriate stakeholders
to identify detailed architecture of the system for each vehicle
variant, including allocation of functions to components and
definition of interfaces.
- Work with Functional Safety and Quality teams to develop
Functional Safety and Functional Failure analyses of your designed
systems to identify and mitigate hazards and failures.
- Work with project management teams to maintain an up-to-date
plan for design, development and validation of each system,
including agreeing on implementation timelines with relevant
stakeholders implementing the designed functionality.
- Support the development of associated test cases to ensure that
the experience is delivered to specification.
- Act as a peer reviewer for other Feature and System designs
developed by other colleagues, to help drive high standards and
commonality in designs and process.
- Support the development of Systems Engineering processes and
principles and drive best practice across the business.
- Work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with little
direct oversight in a collaborative
- A proven track record in system design, development and
- Knowledge and experience of the automotive development process,
including systems engineering V-model.
- Strong experience in system modelling and requirement creation,
including use of appropriate tools e.g. SysML.
- A collaborative approach to working closely with relevant
stakeholders to agree on designs and implementation plans.
- A strong attention to detail and desire to create the very best
- Excellent writing, verbal and organization skills.Preferred:
- Experience in working with Functional Safety processes and
- Experience in creation and management of Failure Mode Analysis
techniques, including DFMEA.
- Experience with system modelling tools (e.g. Rhapsody,
Simulink, MagicDraw, etc.).
- Experience with requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS,
Jama, Polarian etc.).
- Experience working in an Agile development environment and
using related tools.
- Understanding of vehicle compute units and network & power
Keywords: Russell Tobin & Associates, Newark , Senior Systems Engineer, Vehicle Level Systems, Other , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!