Finance Analyst - Program and Product Cost
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: November 16, 2020
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by
creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered
around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a
shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of
a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive
industry. We are looking for a Financial Analyst to deliver
accurate, data-based information and provide sophisticated
reporting. This role will play an integral part of the Finance team
that directly helps secure the success of the company. The focus of
the team is to provide a high degree of financial transparency
across the company and facilitate business decision coordination
with all departments. The Role
- Consolidate and analyze financial data including
reconciliations, period-to-period variance analysis, derivation of
vehicle cost targets, analyzing cost deviation with variance
- Maintain the financial status of multiple projects in weekly
status reports showing budget, forecast, Purchase Request status,
Purchase Order status, as well as applicable accounting data.
- Develop profitability models estimating capital payback periods
and rates of return.
- Identify depreciation periods for each type of spend.
- Ensure the fiscal requirements of each vendor contract are
strictly adhered to (especially in terms of: invoicing, costs,
payments, and budgets).
- Develop and refine business case assessments with relevant
teams to support Program decisions.
- To facilitate operating team alignment and decision making,
present data in cohesive reports that provide clear communication
- Actively participate with management to guide and influence
long term and strategic decision making within the broadest scope.
Provide objective business consultancy and financial guidance to
- Partner closely with the operating team (including: Retail,
Engineering, Purchasing, Quality, Manufacturing, Program
Management, Marketing, and Business Development) to understand
financial inputs and provide guidance on operating decisions.
- Additional ad-hoc assignments and projects supporting
departments across the organization including month-end financial
reporting, longer-term Business Plan development, bench-marking and
- Provide new perspective to identify and propose opportunities
for improvement across processes and business functions
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Engineering or related field
- Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) -
- At least 5 years' relevant experience, with a minimum of 2
years of variance analysis experience (actuals to forecast
comparison) and period-to-period analysis
- Proven technical, quantitative and critical-thinking skills,
high level of independent judgment, initiative and creativity to
identify and clearly communicate key performance drivers to senior
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments with a high
degree of autonomy and accountability for results
- Demonstrated effective written, interpersonal and oral
- Established ability using Microsoft Office software with a high
proficiency with Excel
- Finance analyst experience at an Automotive OEM or Tier 1
Supplier - a huge plus!#ACHP Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid
Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an
affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin,
age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity and expression, marital status, and any other
characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or
other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Finance Analyst - Program and Product Cost, Professions , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!