Logistics Operations Supervisor
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobilityAt Lucid, we
set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles
that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived
limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that
are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of
mobility.We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design - where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.Come work alongside some of the most
accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive
salaries, we're providing a community for innovators who want to
make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to
create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right
place for you.
We are currently seeking a Supervisor Logistics Operations for our
Newark, CA facility. This position requires an experienced
professional with the ability to manage the day-to-day chaos that
comes from managing the logistical needs of a R&D facility with
ad hoc logistics and inventory controls for prototype
manufacturing. This position requires partnership with Supply
Chain, QA/QC, Manufacturing, Packaging, Engineering, Finance, and
Regulatory Affairs to implement new processes and manage changes.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his
or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be
expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to
possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection
within a fast-paced environment.You Will:
- Manage each of these activities within your area of
responsibility (either directly or through a service
- Warehouse Operations
- Inventory Accuracy
- Multiple Kitting Operations
- Shuttle Schedules
- In-Plant Material Handling
- Inbound Material Operations
- Outbound Shipping Operations
- Container and Returns Operations
- Special Projects supporting Newark Operations
- 6S Culture
- Develop and lead a team of 20 - 30 associates.
- Participate in the development of the Annual Business Plan for
- Manage performance to the ABP under the direct responsibility
of the Manager Logistic Operations.
- Act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining
compliance and consistency for daily business requirements
- Develop, implement and execute standard operation
- Establish on-site inventory levels and reorder points.
- Coordinate with 3PL warehouse on replenishment orders and
- Lead teams to meet and exceed metrics for efficiency and
- Proactively identify root cause analysis and lead process
- Communicate in real-time to a diverse group of team members and
- Build and deliver productivity plans with the use of
- Evaluate performance objectives and metrics to determine
productivity requirements to achieve quality expectations
- Partner with internal customers to drive overall efficiencies
across the operation.
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no
matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions that
cut across multiple disciplines, far beyond what is in your job
- Provide out of the box ideas by applying new technologies and
best-practice / processes in the industry
- Provide leadership in the execution of all tasks; direct the
team and communicate requirements to both internal and external
- Build strong relationships with senior leadership through
effective communication and collaboration to support company
- Develop presentations to demonstrate solution components and
- Responsible to coordinate and oversee the installation of
equipment at the facility
- Manage and provide direction to auxiliary equipment suppliers,
subcontractors, and our own personnel.
- Ensure alignment is achieved and that the resources are
available to effectively deliver on plans.
- Drive internal projects important for the area by effectively
communicating and working cross-functionally with resources in
sales, marketing, service, R&D, Regulatory, Supply Chain,
- Identify training opportunities within the team and ensure
company trainings are completed, recorded, and up to date.
- Maintain employee skills and versatility record to guide
development and succession planning.
- Demonstrates safety consciousness at all times and reports
- Establish and maintain relationships with third
- Make decisions by assessing the situation to determine the
importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear decisions that are
timely and in the best interests of the organization.You Bring:
- 5+ years in Warehousing, Distribution, or Supply Chain
Operations with thorough knowledge of Supply Chain systems and
- 3+ years of experience in supervising any of the following
areas: material flow, warehouse design, transportation management,
dedicated fleet operations, distribution center management,
materials handling, decision support systems, and technology
- You possess the competencies needed for warehouse management -
systems for inbound receipt, order fulfillment, returns processing,
location management, inventory accuracy, cycle counting, and
removal of obsolete inventory.
- Fluency in warehouse safety programs and OHSA compliance to
ensure a safe work environment for all associates and managers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success
in working across organizations at all levels.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, effective
project planning in terms of resources, strategies, cost, and time
with the ability to meet project timelines.
- Experience in automation and warehouse/logistics optimization
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office applications
- Experience with WMS and TMS software applications
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Supply Chain, Logistics
Engineering, or related field. An equivalent combination of
education, training, and experience may be considered
- LEAN, GK, or Six Sigma Certifications a plusAt Lucid, we don't
just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to
be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or
ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any
other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal
laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of
gainful employment within the United StatesAt Lucid, we prioritize
the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends
above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the
increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new Lucid
employees, whose job will be based in the United States, must
provide original documentation confirming status as having received
the prescribed inoculation (doses) based on the manufacturer's
guidelines on their first day of employment.Individuals seeking a
medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement may be
granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to
and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated
Covid-19 Response team.To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors
does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to
our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is
not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Newark , Logistics Operations Supervisor, Professions , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!