Quality Control Analyst I
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Position Summary:The QC Analyst will support the sampling and
testing of raw materials for both clinical and commercial
activities within the Quality Control environment. Areas of
responsibility include but are not limited to maintenance of the
sampling room, sampling, sample shipment, testing, and coordination
of samples both internally as well as at contract test
laboratories. Assist in the review laboratory documentation for
accuracy, participate with the team to meet group goals and perform
routine laboratory duties. Assist in the authoring of quality
records such as laboratory investigations and/or non-conformance
reports, as needed. Also, revise and update standard operation
procedures and raw material specification as needed. In addition,
this position will participate in the authoring of vendor
qualification reports.Essential Functions:
- Ensure timely raw material sampling (QC samples and QA retains)
and testing to support QA disposition for the continued support of
manufacturing operations; communicate potential delays or issues to
QC management team.
- Participate in the raw material qualification process,
including evaluation of new suppliers in accordance with internal
- Support the management of contract testing laboratories for
testing of raw materials within turnaround times to ensure on time
disposition of materials
- Report and may assist with the investigation of internal or
external out-of-specification results in timely manner to ensure
appropriate immediate actions are taken.
- Participate in the investigation of non-conforming raw
materials, with supervision and in collaboration with Quality
Assurance and Supply Chain.
- Maintain the raw material sampling room and ensure raw material
equipment and sampling facilities are appropriately validated,
calibrated and maintained.Preferred Experience:
- 1-3 years' work experience within a laboratory environment
required. (GMP experience is preferred).
- Experience with a range of analytical techniques such as
accurate weighing, pH, and water content determination
- Ability to work independently and proactively take on new tasks
and projects with limited supervision.Preferred Education:
- Requires an Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry, Biology or a
related pharmaceutical-biotechnology discipline. Preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in a
team-oriented environment are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are
- Familiarity with the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Detailed-oriented and organizational skills are required. WORK
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDSThis section of the job description
is required by the American with Disability Act, (ADA). The ADA
requires that job descriptions reflect the physical and mental
demands required to effectively perform the essential duties of the
job. The ADA prohibits employers from discriminating against a
"qualified individual with a disability" in all aspects of the
employment relationship. A "qualified individual with a disability"
is "an individual who meets the education, experience, skill, and
other job-related requirements of a position held or desired, and
who, with reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential
functions of a specified job."
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at timesWe are an equal
opportunity employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds,
experiences and viewpoints are valued. Revance does not
discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis
of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin,
religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status,
veteran status, disability, or any other prohibited category set
forth in federal or state regulations.
Keywords: Revance, Newark , Quality Control Analyst I, Professions , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!