Facility Technician II - USBL - US-2- Sysco
Posted on: August 4, 2022
US0050 Sysco San Francisco, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
This is an Operations position responsible for assisting in and
overseeing the safe operation, daily monitoring, and maintenance
activities associated with general maintenance and repair of the
facility, automatic retrieval systems, dock equipment, minor repair
of electrical devices, plumbing, fleet shop, and security.
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety
policies, procedures, and governing requirements.
- Knowledge of controls and electric (high and low voltage) with
working knowledge of OSHA general industry electrical safety
standards; Title 29.
- Working knowledge of NFPA 70 National electrical code and NFPA
70E electrical safety requirements.
- Understanding of electrical meter testing.
- Working knowledge of OSHA electrical Arc Flash
- Understanding and working knowledge of PLCs (programming logic
controller) and PLC troubleshooting.
- Complete small welding projects as needed.
- Completes all special projects associated with buildings or
grounds, as requested including but not limited to moving furniture
or fixtures, changing lights.
- Completing basic maintenance and repair needs to ensure the
timely completion of all maintenance needs.
- Perform general building maintenance which includes but not
limited to light carpentry & painting, light plumbing, changing of
light bulbs, repair of minor electrical devices.
- Maintain facility assets through scheduled preventative
maintenance and repair activities which include but not limited to
roof inspections and repairs.
- Concrete and asphalt paving inspections and repairs.
- Concrete industrial wear-slab inspections and repairs including
joint cleaning, routing, and filling.
- Product racking inspections and repairs.
- Automatic Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) inspections and
- Dock equipment (IE: Mechanical, electrical, hydraulic pit or
vertical dock levelers; manual or electric dock doors; manual,
electric, or hydraulic truck restraints; dock seals or shelters),
inspections and repairs.
- Responsible for logging time and materials into the
computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) on a daily basis
in the form of work orders, P.M.s, etc.
- Responsible for daily refrigeration operator duties including
ePSM inspections and logs.
- Participate in departmental on-call program, as
- Maintain all tools and equipment in a clean, safe, working
- Adhere to all safety requirements and wear the proper Personal
Protective Equipment required by the job.
- Respond to emergency situations to ensure employee and facility
- Champion overall safety in the department.
- Comply with OSHA and other local, state and federal
- Adhere to Organization and the Facilities Department policies
and procedures including appropriate attire, grooming, and
- Interact effectively, build relationships, and demonstrate a
high level of cooperation.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Facility maintenance tech school (preferred)
- Four years of industrial facility and ASRS maintenance
experience; or equivalent combination of education and related
- Refrigeration Operator I/RETA CARO (preferred)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, or
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides into all units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Must possess a valid state Driver's License and provide proof
of liability coverage meeting Company standards.
- Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program.
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco
within 3 months.
- Electrical Arc Flash training (preferred)
- Trade electrical I & II training (preferred)
- Refrigeration Operator I RETA CARO (preferred)
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to talk or hear.
- The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and
climb or balance.
- The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch,
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid
conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work
in confined spaces.
- The associate works non-traditional business hours including
evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other
Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs
dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).
- The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious
places and confined spaces.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: SYSCO, Newark , Facility Technician II - USBL - US-2- Sysco, Professions , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!