Company: Fuji Inc (dba ZERO&, Hanabi cake)
Posted on: May 16, 2023
We are hiring: If you want to build a small startup from scratch
to a beloved global household brand, if you love tea, boba, coffee,
cakes, bread, and many more exciting food and beverages, and if you
want to make a difference to bring them to the next level and make
them available to more people, look no further and come apply!
Fuji Inc. is a venture backed startup that runs a fruit tea brand
"ZERO&" and a bakery brand "Hanabi". We have an exciting
opening for the role of Construction Manager to join our growing
business! Our vision is to make tasty and healthy food and beverage
more accessible to everyone. We are now operating in Northen and
Southern California for fruit tea and bakery products, including
stores at San Francisco Westfield Center, Hayes valley, Newark,
Santa Rosa Plaza, Stoneridge Shopping Center, Mission Viejo,
Rowland Heights, with dozens of new stores in our pipeline. We are
on a mission to serve millions of customers globally by opening
hundreds of stores nationwide in the next few years. Please visit
our website @ www.zeroand.com and www.enjoyhanabi.com to learn more
about our product offerings.
The Construction Manager is responsible for leading new store
constructions and old store remodeling projects to meet development
goals, and ensuring on time delivery within budget. This role will
report directly to the Director of Real Estate, supporting real
estate expansion. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage new store construction to ensure development goals and
standards are achieved. Provide expertise on construction
management, budget development, evaluation of construction related
real estate negotiations, site & space design recommendations, and
contractor qualification and selection; achieve sound solutions in
budget control and project scheduling. Provide site supervision to
ensure adherence to brand image & design standards. Coordinate
equipment delivery and installation with constructors and equipment
- Coordinates and/or oversees work performed by external
consultants, architects, engineers, contractors, permit expediters,
landlord managers, and technical experts to facilitate timely
completions of projects. Identifies complex site & space problems
and construction conditions and influences appropriate
professionals to evaluate and correct problems in a cost-effective
manner that meets brand image standards; initiates alternate plans
- Manages the timely completion of all assigned workload, which
might include new stores, major remodels, or minor enhancement
projects, reimage and remodel projects through the strategic use of
external consultants and contractors, ensuring project work scopes
are completed and reviewed, and work budgets submitted within
requested timeline. Partners with internal teams to ensure
operation, legal, accounting, and project support information is
scheduled and completed on time.
- Track project budget. Compiles and assembles the general
contractor contract package; Collects vendor quotes; Tracks,
generates and ensures general contractor payments. Maintain and
update vendor contracts and payments tracking logs.Review and
approve contractor invoices.
- Instructs and guides professionals to ensure timely and
cost-effective agency approvals, including: planning and zoning,
design review, building permits, and necessary variances to
construct the most effective design. Ensures project document
updates are timely and accurate; all construction administration
and document schedules are met, including RFI approvals, pay
requests, change order approvals, close-out documents, and
materials for TIA collection.
- Sources, qualifies, and guide approved consultants and
contractors; evaluates and provides regular performance
- Coordinate with landlord or mall managers, and sellers to
ensure the accuracy of project information, schedules, site & space
information, and cost estimates. Coordinate with mall security to
provide vendor access.
- Resolves problems with back orders, items not received,
defective and damaged goods. Initiates and reports on damage and/or
defective claims with warehouses and outside suppliers and
- Provide resolution of issues raised by internal and external
partners during the construction and post construction period.
- Reviews the lease and obtains landlord approval as needed for
renovation projects. Coordinate and tracking of TIA collection,
collecting and providing lease required documents in order to
collect Tenant Improvement Allowance. Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred in Building
Construction, Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or
- 10+ years retail construction management experience, including
at least 7+ years of owner-representative/corporate construction
management. Previous experience required in interior build out of
coffee, milktea store facilities, or restaurants; national brands
preferred; experience in retail store build out in shopping malls
- Demontrates experience in completing projects on schedule and
within budget. Experience in bidding and management of general
contractors, vendors and suppliers; managing contracts and change
- Thorough knowledge of applicable building codes and
requirements, construction methods, and in-depth understanding of
- Strong oral and written English communication, project
management, negotiation, and organization skills.
- Highly responsive to requests by the team. Self-motivated with
strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a
- Strong software competency: Microsoft Office Suite, Google
spreadsheet. Preferred skills in AutoCAD, Sketchup, MS Project,
- Advanced skill level in construction and real estate computer
applications is preferred.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior.
- Physical Requirements This is a field-based position that works
remotely from home. Ability to speak and hear clearly in person and
on the telephone. Ability to travel approximately 50% of time to
store sites and other locations as business needs require. Ability
to operate a computer keyboard. What you'll get
- Career path: Exciting projects opportunities and exposure in a
fast-growing startup; You will work with a group of smart people
and have impact on the industry!
- Competitive comp and benefits: We believe in pay for
performance and want you to have a strong sense of ownership of the
- Lots of free boba and cake tasting and more amazing innovative
drinks and bakery items awaits! We constantly create new products.
You'll be one of the first to try and a big part of refining
Keywords: Fuji Inc (dba ZERO&, Hanabi cake), Newark , Construction Manager, Professions , Newark, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...