Marketing Communications Content Specialist, Consultant
Company: Blue Shield of California
Posted on: October 19, 2019
Marketing Communications Content Specialist - Strategic
communications approach focused on creating and distributing
valuable, relevant, and consistent content to a clearly defined
audience and, ultimately, to drive employee engagement.
- Conduct long term planning, logistics, and presentation content
support for All Hands Offsites (2x/yr) and Extended Leadership Team
- Research and recommend annual strategic speaking or attendance
opportunities for CMO and Marketing VP's at conferences and events
at the local, state, and national level with the goal of amplifying
our brand and maximizing our influence;
- Manages agency/vendor relations and quarterly budget
- Leads the strategy and day-to-day execution of the content
marketing, social media, and digital communication efforts of Blue
Shield of California's Marketing Department. Standardize and manage
communications to Marketing Team including internal job openings,
personnel announcements, monthly departmental progress reports,
change management efforts, etc.
- Develop strategy & content for CMO communications touchpoints,
e.g. weekly all hands conference calls, brown bag lunches;
- Incorporates online behavior and data (as well as intellectual
curiosity, instincts, and experience) to continually raise the bar,
blaze a trail, and define best practices for internal
- Uses creative storytelling and compelling content to build our
departmental brand, protect our reputation, amplify key messages,
capitalize on key moments in time, and connect with target
audiences to drive affinity for Blue Shield's Marketing
- Responsible for departmental social media strategy and
execution including editorial planning, content creation, channel
management, monitoring and engagement, influencer relations, and
- Participates in cross-functional teams of creative
collaborators across multiple business units to align on priorities
and performance metrics.
- Mitigates risks through crisis management, constituent
engagement, and customer service.
- Develop and drive the engagement model for how Marketing
interacts with Finance during monthly and annual reporting and
- Other duties as assigned.
- A BA/BS in a related field such as marketing or business and/or
equivalent combination of education and experience. An MBA is
- In-depth knowledge of advanced health insurance marketing
principles, practices and techniques including marketing analysis
and research tools.
- Ability to independently evaluate marketing plans and processes
and recommend process improvements.
- In-depth knowledge of the health insurance industry including
products, services and their financial drivers.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication (verbal
and written) skills.
- Excellent cross-functional team, project and organizational
leadership skills with attention to details.
- Knowledge of legal, brand, and regulatory compliance
requirements for marketing health insurance plans.
- Ability to multitask with multiple deadlines and/or milestone
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with ability to use
advanced features of Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and decision makers.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through
advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically, viewed as a specialist within discipline. May have
broad knowledge of project management.
- Typically, requires a college degree or equivalent experience
and minimum 7 years of prior relevant experience.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing
database, email, social media and/or display.
Keywords: Blue Shield of California, Newark , Marketing Communications Content Specialist, Consultant, Professions , Oakland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!